New DF250AP added to Suzuki Line Up
June 27, 2012
Suzuki is proud to introduce its newest outboard motor, the DF250AP. This 250 horsepower V6 offers boaters the same technology and innovative features found on Suzuki's flagship DF300AP, this year's recipient of the coveted NMMA (National Marine Manufactures Association) 2012 Innovation Award.
Like the DF300AP, the new DF250AP uses Suzuki's proven 4.0 Liter powerhead with 24-valve double overhead cam, variable valve timing (VVT) and advanced electronic fuel injection to deliver the ultimate in efficiency and power.
The DF250AP takes full advantage of the Suzuki Lean Burn Control System, an intelligent fuel management system that delivers notable improvements in fuel economy over earlier models. In addition, the new DF250AP is equipped with Suzuki Precision Control, a fly-by-wire throttle control and shift system that provides additional operating data to the engine's on-board computer, allowing for precise control of fuel and air flow for further improvements in engine efficiency over a wide RPM range.
The DF250AP also features Suzuki Select Rotation. Special gearing built into the lower unit allows the engine to operate in either standard or counter rotation. A switch connected to the engine's circuitry sets the direction of rotation when the engine is initialized at installation.
- 4.0 Liter v6 engine features 24-valve double overhead cam and VVT (Variable Valve Timing) to deliver plenty of power and torque
- New lower unit features Suzuki Select Rotation System that integrates both standard and counter rotation gears allowing the engine to be programmed to operate in either direction.
- Suzuki Precision Control (Electronic Throttle and Shift System) offers smooth and positive gear selection and throttle settings.
- Suzuki's Lean Burn Control System allows engine operation on a leaner, more efficient fuel mixture. Combined with Suzuki Precision Control, it delivers remarkable fuel economy over a wide operating range.
- An Oxygen Sensor Feedback Control System controls the air to fuel ration across the engine's entire operating range optimizing fuel consumption for cleaner, more stable emissions.
- Two-way water inlet increases water flow for greater cooling efficiency and shallow water operation.
- Suzuki Troll Mode System offers fine control over the engine speed at low rpms and is optionally available.
For more information on the new Suzuki DF250AP or on Suzuki Marine's full line of 4-stroke outboard motors from 2.5 - 300 horsepower, contact Suzuki Marine headquarters at 3251 E. Imperial Hwy, Brea, CA. 92821 (714) 996-7040 or contact your local Suzuki Marine Dealer.
Back to News